Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nowhere, Yeahwhere... November, Yeahvember

Maddox has this new (well, kinda new) thing that he has started saying. If there is a word that begins with "No" it also must begin with "Yeah". Which, I think, is pretty clever. The other morning we were in the kitchen eating breakfast and he said " Mommy, are we going nowhere or yeahwhere today??" I was impressed that his little mind could come up with that, since I had never thought about it that way. Also, we have been talking about the months of the year and when I say "October, November" he informs me that "Mommy, it is not November, it is YEAHvember."

I am so loving this age of figuring things out and making since of it all. I am often surprised by what comes out of his mouth, some things I am proud of, and some I definitely am not. I am so sure that my Father (in Heaven) says the same about me and what comes out of my mouth. As a parent, I am so often reminded of the patience that Christ has with me.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

4 comments:

Shea said...

Cute, cute. Hope y'all had a fun weekend. Let's get together soon!

JJ said...

Love it. That is so sweet! Great parallel :)

Stephanie Drew said...

very creative...

Kari said...

what a clever little guy. I am really impressed.