Saturday, September 29, 2007

Our busy life...

I know you all think that I have totally forgotten about my blog, but I haven't!! A lot has been going on here at the Graves house. Maddox was sick 2 weeks ago, I was sick last week, and Matt has been sick this week. Thankfully, Maggie has not been sick with the stomach bug that has been running rampant through our house. We are praying that she does not get it, because it is brutal! My mother-in-law (Patti) had surgery this past Monday. We are so thankful that everything went well in surgery and she is now on the road to recovery.

Maddox has been in school now for a couple of weeks and last week he decided that he didn't like his class. He told us that the kids were "too big" and he misses Mrs. Anne, his teacher from last year who was sooooo sweet. I miss her myself, so I totally understand how he feels. After thinking that we would take him out since he wasn't enjoying it like he did last year, we thought we would try moving him to another class. He went last Thursday and seemed to enjoy it. I will have an update on how that is going later.

Maggie is now taking baths in the "Big Tub" and she LOVES it. She loves to splash and put her feet under the running water. Maddox of course loves to help bathe her being the wonderful big brother that he is. I know it sounds dangerous, but I keep a close eye on them at all times!! Here is a picture of her first adventure in the BIG TUB!!

_020

_019


A couple of weeks ago Mom, Maddox, Maggie and I went to the beach. Here are a few pictures of us having a great time in Destin.
_146
Mimi and her Grands
_130
Maddox wondering how the ocean could possibly be that BIG!
_142
The sweet girl never stops smiling!
_115
Maddox and Mimi riding "Lighting McQueen"

Last, but not least, I know that Alabama has now lost two games in a row. That puts a HUGE damper on our lives. Matt is an avid fan and I really have put some effort in this year. Although, I think I annoy Matt with my stupid questions (I won't embarrass myself and tell you the questions I have asked.) If you are a BAMA fan, you would be really proud of me and my enthusiasm I have had for the TIDE this year!! Every week my whole family is decked out in Red and White!! It has really been fun. Maddox wears his Bama jersery and hat and Maggie has a couple of cute Bama outfits that her Pop gave her. We have talked about taking Maddox to the game next week for his first Alabama game at Bryant-Denny stadium. The only problem is that he isn't all that crazy about Big AL. I don't know if Maddox would enjoy the game for worrying about Big AL sneaking up on him (he would have nightmares for weeks if that happened.)

_012

_014

_013

3 comments:

G, MM, AH and C said...

cute pictures! I do have a smile on my face as I am SO please Alabama has LOST some of its steam with Saban...War Eagle! I think we might can beat ya'll at least 1 more year :)
Love ya tons and miss your sweet family!
MM

Shea said...

They are so cute in their Bama gear! Hope to see you soon!

Stephanie Drew said...

i do think you've forgotten about me! just teasing! so glad you found me. lets get together soon. and...i'm proud of you for getting into football. i knew we'd recruit you soon enough! roll tide.