Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gi ~ My little BIG girl!

When Maggie was born she was 5 lbs. 4 oz. Very small, but she has been playing catch up ever since. Now, she is 18 mos. and we go for her 18 mo. check up tomorrow. I am hoping that she is on the growth chart, but if the past is any indication, then I am assuming that she won't be. She is a great sleeper (like her mom) and she has the sweetest attitude about things (also, like her mom!) :-) She sat up for the first time when she was 8 mos and started crawling when she was 10 mos. She has been walking for almost a month now and doing very well. Maggie has been seeing a physical, speech, and occupational therapist since January. We are so proud of the progress she has made since then. Her therapist are so so so sweet and we love to see them twice a month. They show us things I would have never thought of that has/will help(ed) Maggie progress and build strength. We are so thankful for our sweet therapist. The past two months they have all been encouraging us to take Maggie to a MDO or some kind of structured place where she can be around other kids and learn from them. This is also a good way to help her get comfortable around other people, and not so clingy to me. So, today was a new first for us. It was Gi's first day to MDO, and she did great! She stayed the whole 4 hours and I only called to check on her once! When I went to pick her up, she was sitting in the teacher's lap listening to her read a book. All of the other kids were on the floor around them. Of course, it made me feel good that she was being held and loved on. I have had people ask me if I am worried about her development and the answer is NO! I didn't think I would have to carry her into kindergarten or teach her sign language to communicate with her the rest of her life (although, she does know a few signs). Anyway, if I did have to do these things, I would, because that is the way God made her and we love her NO MATTER WHAT! And if you are wondering where "Gi" came from, she has been pointing at herself and saying "Gi" so she knows her name, Yay!!!
"Yes, you are Gi and we love you so much!! Thank you God, for our sweet Gi!"


DSC_1896
Maggie leaving for school!

DSC_1900
Maggie after school. She looked like this before we got out of the parking lot.

3 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Love the before and after pics!!! And her bow is still in! Yippee for Maggie and her 1st day of MDO.

Shea said...

So precious! Aren't they cutest when they sleep? =) And, I think it's great she's in MDO! Savannah loves the interaction, I'm sure Maggie will, too! Too bad they can't go to the same school - maybe one day!

Stephanie Drew said...

sweet maggie! we love you!