Monday, September 8, 2008

Whew, what a month!!

August (until now) has been such a crazy, weird, scary, fun, and exciting month! I'm not so sure that my body, mind and spirit are up for that many emotions, but I made it through the month and that is what counts.

Recap of the Month:

Mom finds out she has Breast Cancer (early August)
Maggie FINALLY learned to walk (August 12th) YAY!!!
Maddox can now write his name and recognize it - like a pro! (early August)
My Birthday (August 18) my sweet husband took me to Ross Bridge for the night. It was a much needed "get-a-way"
Maggie's first ear infection (August 18th) Bummer
First Alabama game of the season ROLL TIDE! (August 30)
Matt went to the game and Maddox got sick with "something" and was running a temp of 102.4 for about 24 hrs.
Maddox started school (Sept 3)
Maddox started t-ball (Sept 4)
Mom had a lumpectomy and the cancer is gone, but she still has to have radiation. (Sept 4)
Another family zoo trip (Sept 7)
Maggie turned 18 months (Sept 8) Happy half Birthday baby girl!
We have been counting down until our next Disney trip. "T minus 52 days and counting!"

Maddox is loving school this year. He is having the most fun and is learning all kinds of new things. He LOVES his teachers Mrs. Jenny and Mrs. Lynn (Mrs. Lemon, as he called her the first day). He has his first t-ball game this Sunday, Sept 14th. I will be sure to post pictures about that soon! We are so excited about being a ball park family this fall ball season. This is one of the big things that Matt has been waiting for, since the day we found out that Maddox was a BOY!

Maggie is keeping me so busy. She thinks that her big brother is the greatest thing ever and she MUST do WHATEVER he is doing. We are so super proud of Maggie for learning to walk. When she decided it was time, she took off! She had not hardly taken a step and on August 12th she took 6 steps in a row. Matt and I were so excited!! She has been improving ever since. We have found out that she is a very determined little girl. She doesn't crawl at all anymore, and she may fall 10 times in getting where she is going, but she is going to get right back up and try again.


DSC_1754
Maggie walking!!

DSC_1846
Not bad for a 4 year old!

DSC_1850
Maddox's first day of school. This is his FROG lunch box, because he is in the FROG class at school.

DSC_1800
Example of Maggie doing everything her Big Brother does.

DSC_1730
Maddox being a great big brother! He loves his little sister (unless she is crying!)

DSC_1827
Mom, me and Patti (mother-in-law) at sip'n'strokes. We had so much fun!!!

5 comments:

Jan O'Donnell said...

YEA!!! "Candy in the candy jar".... our little joke. You have had a busy few months. Thanks for being there!! I love you!!!
I can't believe our little babies are growing up so fast. Thank you for giving me the Pride(Maddox) and Joy(Maggie)of my life and tell Maddox, they make my heart go pitter, patter!!!

Love u all!!
Mom

Stephanie Drew said...

what a great recap! i've missed reading about you and the kids. so proud of sweet maggie...and maddox looks so big ~ there's something about the 4k class that makes them seem so old!

Shea said...

Wow, you have a great memory for recapping all of that. It's hard for me to remember what I did yesterday! Love the pictures of Maggie and Maddox playing together. Looks like they play so well!

Fuller Family said...

I love all the pics!!! Especially the one with maddox and his lunch box - he is so arn cute!!!

Rachel said...

That reminds me - I saw Matt at the Alabama game in Atlanta. He passed right by me and it registered in my brain AFTER he had passed by.

And Ali was a late walker too. She just plain didn't want to! My Dad finally sat her down and told her that she needed to walk and that everyone would be so proud, and he sat her down and she started walking!! Go figure.