Monday, January 28, 2008

About the Circus

I am NOT a big fan, but the kids loved it and thought that it was wonderful (that was the most important part!) But, I did not like it one bit! I was a nervous wreck the entire time. It wasn't the animals that made me nervous, I was acutally really calm when they were out. It was the CRAZY people on the motorcycles that got inside the "Ball of Death" and were riding around with 6 other motorcycles inside (That is a total of 7 motorcycles in the ball.) One of them makes one wrong move and they are all goners. Then there was the guy that was basically hanging from the lights BY HIS FEET, without anything but a little cushion under him (No, not a net, a CUSHION!) As we were sitting there, I prayed this prayer...

Jesus, unless my children are excited about scooping elephant poop, PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM JOIN THE CIRCUS!! AMEN!!!

Anyway, It was definitely wonderful to be with my family, but my heart goes out the mommy's who have sons and daughters in the circus.

The "Ball of Death"

2 comments:

The Latham Family said...

Good thing we didn't take Ellie! I really wasn't a big fan of the circus when I was little, so I'm thinking that I probably STILL won't be! Next year let's make Matt and Robbie take the kids! :)

Stephanie Drew said...

yes, we endured the circus too. we had a great time but i needed there to be more animals and not so many 'human tricks.' that freaked me out and avery got bored. sweet addison slept. animals. i needed more animals (and not dogs - dogs are an every day occurance. where were the seals???)