Sunday, February 24, 2008

Walt Disney World

I am thinking that I should start with the Characters!! Maddox had a blast meeting them. He was so much fun this year. Everything is so real at his age. Maggie was a bit fearful of them. They didn't quite look like us, so she was unsure. Please note that none of these characters talk, so it is very interesting having a conversation with them just nodding.

IMG_0196
Dale, Maddox, Maggie and Daddy. This is what I was talking about when I said Maggie was not crazy about the characters. This picture makes me laugh!

IMG_0197
Maggie, Maddox and Minnie (she must have thought Minnie was pretty, she didn't cry with her!)

IMG_0055
This was our 2nd visit with Minnie ~ I think she was following us around ;-)

IMG_0194
Maddox and Goofy (or as Maddox would say "Gooky")

IMG_0168
OK, I know that you can barely see Maddox, but he is standing between Lightning and Mater (look real close). I think he felt a bit intimidated, when he walked up there to pose, Lightning beeped his horn and Maddox jumped. It was kind of sad and funny at the same time.

IMG_0081
Maddox and Handy Manny. Maddox was so excited to tell Handy Manny that he watched him on the Disney Channel every morning.

IMG_0085
Maddox, June and Quincy. This was a big one. He is a huge fan of the Little Einsteins!


OK, maybe that is enough of the Characters. There are many more, but I would hate to redefine OVERKILL!


IMG_0027
The Graves Girls
The first day we arrived at Disney World was Nana's Birthday. We ate at a yummy steakhouse to celebrate.
Happy late Birthday, Nana!! We love you so much. There is no better place to celebrate your birthday than Disney. We hope you had a Magical Day!!

IMG_0026
The Graves Guys at Nana's Birthday dinner.

IMG_0143
Maggie's favorite ride was the carousel. I know it doesn't look like it here, but when the ride started she thought it was hilarious. She laughed so hard on this ride! "We see your belly little lady!"

IMG_0201
My sweet girl! We were headed to the pool. She was sporting her "Princess" hat that Pop and Nana gave her.

IMG_0106
One of the many rides that was on Maddox's favorites list. NEMO

IMG_0151
Maggie loved the fireworks, she clapped every time she heard/saw them. I thought she would have cried, considering how she is so sensitive, but I was wrong! Maddox, on the other hand, kept saying, "That's too LOUD!!"

IMG_0120

Maddox and Mommy about to ride Buzz Lightyear. This was Maddox's MOST favorite ride! He is still talking about it and I do not think he is going to stop anytime soon.

IMG_0136
Maggie and Mommy on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Maggie liked this ride a lot because we got to bounce like Tigger. Anything that moves in a vertical motion turns over Maggie's giggle box.

IMG_0038
Nana and Maggie at Magic Kingdom.

IMG_0036
Pop and Maddox at Magic Kingdom.

IMG_0088
Uncle Brock dancing with Goofy at the Playhouse Disney Dance Party.

IMG_0059
Maddox and Uncle B hanging out at Mickey's house.

IMG_0052
Maddox and Daddy, who was not feeling so well after a ride in the teacups!

This is actually only a fraction of the pictures we took, but again, the overkill thing!

Thank you, Pop and Nana, for inviting us on such a fun and memorable trip. We can't wait until next year! Until then, we will relive the memories we made this year!

5 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Maddox and Maggie ane definitely the luckiest kids one earth. Two weeks in Disney World every year... I think they get the lucky award!

Stephanie Drew said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to show these to avery. It got me super excited for our trip! It looks like you had a blast and looks like Maggie had as much fun as Maddox...i hope the same is true for Addison!

let's chat soon!

Mama Bird said...

We are going to Disney in November! Any hints are ideas we need to know about? How old is Maddox now?

Mama Bird said...

We are doing great and we LOVE Fairhope! Y'all should come to the beach for a visit! Lacey is a lost cause I have tried to call her numerous times, but she never calls me back...I guess she is just busy. Please email me...krisbird@bellsouth.net. I would love to know any advice...where did yall stay and how old is Maddox now?

Shea said...

Those are so cute pictures! And, you are always sooo photogenic! It's disgusting. =)