Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!!

So, out of the 213 pictures we took during the birthday weekend, here are a few... OK maybe more than a few, but how do you pick just a few out of 213?? Also, I just have to tell my friend Stephanie Drew thank you so much for taking so many great pictures at the birthday party. You are so sweet :-)


DSC_1454
Making cupcakes the night before my big boy turned 4!!

DSC_1461
Yes, he did the sprinkles all by himself
Yes, they are the most beautiful cupcakes I have EVER seen

DSC_1490
Growing up, my mom always made my birthdays special, so I do the same for my kiddos!!!
The morning of their birthday, their seat is decorated and their presents are all wrapped and set out to be opened. The best part... they get a CUPCAKE for breakfast. Maggie has already experienced this tradition.

Usually, I am not a big fan of character birthday parties. I know, I know, it is for the kids, it is not about me! Well, this year Maddox was unwavering on the fact that he wanted a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. I gritted my teeth, smiled, and said "OK, sweetie!" So, I got to plan my first ever CHARACTER PARTY!!

DSC_1569
The Buzz Lightyear cake!

DSC_1576
Make a wish!

DSC_1542
The hats and blow horns were kind of a big deal

DSC_1553
sweet baby sister

Friends at the birthday party

DSC_1629
Jack

DSC_1555
Savannah

DSC_1619
Maddox and Ella

DSC_1544
Hayden

DSC_1565
Avery and her Mommy (Stephanie)

DSC_1494
Ethan and his Mommy (Traci)

DSC_1641
Davis

DSC_1502
Carson

DSC_1669
Dads playing air hockey... Who's party is it anyway??

6 comments:

Jan O'Donnell said...

Kaitlin,
I think Maddox and Maggie are so blessed that God chose you to be there Mom. What a blessing you are to them and to me. It makes my heart proud that you are caring on the memories that I made for you to your children and maybe they will carry it on the theres. I think you are a sweet Mom. (and of course wife and daughter)LOL!!

Love you,
Mom

Jan O'Donnell said...

I have got to stop sending these at 3:00 in the morning. I can't spell. LOL!!!!!! Oh well!! you know what it means.

MaryMartha said...

those are sooo cute! Glad you gave in for Buzz Lightyear :) I had to give in for Dora...its much worse.

Shea said...

Great pictures! We had so much fun! I'm going to have to take Savannah over there again. She slept so good after that! =)

Stephanie Drew said...

i'd say the blow horns were a big deal!!!!! we had such a fun time...thanks for including us!

The Latham Family said...

Looks like fun! Glad I'm not the only anti-character mom! I too broke down this year and got an Ariel cake for Ellie. They sure love it, though, which makes it totally worth it!