Friday, August 1, 2008

Please stay little forever!!

There is not a day that goes by that I do not tell my kids, "Please stay little forever." I love their innocence and that they are so dependent on me. There are definitely times I get stressed, but for the most part, I LOVE IT!

I know that this may be a little far fetched, but lately I have been thinking about what my kids will want to be when they grow up. Here are my thoughts for today while we were playing...

Maddox says he wants to be a pet doctor. He is such an animal lover, and for his birthday his Uncle B gave him a Dr. kit. So as of today, at the young age of 4, I am guessing a VET!!

DSC_1716
"Open up. I'm going to put this stick in your mouth."

DSC_1712
Listening to the lambs heartbeat

DSC_1718
He didn't quite get this part, but he remembered being scared of it at the Dr.

DSC_1720
"I see a bunny hopping in that ear." Just what Dr. Smith would say to him.

DSC_1713
"This shot should make you feel better."

DSC_1717
Diagnosis: A broken tail!!

What a great little Dr. he is!! Treating his patient with such good care, just like any good Dr. should :-)



Maggie, obviously can't tell me her life dream at the moment, but as for guessing, today I would have to say she wants to be a Mommy. She loves to give her sweet babies a kiss and push them around in the stroller. I have noticed a time or two them getting a spanking from her. She has gotten a swat at the hand a few times, but never a spanking (I'm guessing she has witnessed the MANY that her brother has received!)

DSC_1356
Silly girls

DSC_1358
Checking on baby Olivia

DSC_1363
Wow, they are getting some yards on that stroller! Just like her mommy, always on the go!

DSC_1372
And... away they go!

What a sweet little Mommy!!

6 comments:

Fuller Family said...

Great professions! I especially love Maggie's outfit!

Jan O'Donnell said...

If Maggie is anything like her Mom, she will be a Sweet Mom. Of course she will always be on the go like her Mom and Mimi.
I could see Maddox being a Dr. He would have a good bedside manner and such a tender heart. He would be saying, Ms. Smith, My Wove You!!!!

I pray daily that they will come to know the Lord at an early age and will always have a strong desire to fellow Him.

Stephanie Drew said...

both great lines of work! i think avery and maddox could go in to practice together...

Shea said...

So cute! Maggie looks so grown-up in these pictures to me! Such a cutie! And, can you email me Stephanie's email so I can add her to my blog readers?

Susy-Q said...

Adorable. Your kids are too cute and I can see how you wouldn't want them to grow up too fast. I bet they wouldn't be so sweet if they didn't have such sweet parents.


Children are a blessing to our lives, aren't they? I'm talking like I have my own. But they do brighten a life.

Greta said...

Your kids are so cute and I'd say you're making good guesses on their future occupations :).

In response to your comment, I DO remember that girl from the Parent Trap - I loved those too!