Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkins

First, let me say, I am in love with white pumpkins this year!! I think they are so beautiful, maybe not traditional, but I like them!


DSC_2413

To begin my story, we (me, Maddox and Maggie) went to the pumpkin patch with my mom, grandparents, aunt & uncle, and my precious little cousin Ethan.
Maddox loves playing with Ethan, he says they are "Best Frems"!!

DSC_2358

Maggie wasn't thrilled about sitting on the HAY! I think she is kind of a city girl. (So this is the only picture you will see of her)

DSC_2396


While there, we take this exciting hayride to the pumpkin patch and on the way I am thinking, selfishly, about the beautiful white pumpkin that I am going to encourage Maddox to pick. When we arrive I am immediately drawn to the white pumpkins. "Oh Maddox, look at how beautiful these are!! They are so pretty and WHITE!!"

"Well, Mommy, I think I need to look at ALL of the pumpkins first, before I chose one." he says.

Being the Mommy that wants everything on the front porch to look "perfect" I am not overly excited about what he picks up and then says...

"Mommy, this is the one I want. I LOVE IT, IT IS PERFECT!!!"

DSC_2408

Seriously??

If your wondering if Maddox's pumpkin made an appearance on our doorstep (well, here you go)....

DSC_2417
Please notice the stem. Isn't it pitiful?? When Ethan saw "the chosen one" that Maddox had so carefully selected, he said "Maddox, I don't think that one is going to make it!" I must say that in my mind, I agreed with him.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I blogged about our trip to the Pumpkin Patch last week where Ali absolutely INSISTED on finding a white pumpkin - She ran past all of the perfectly fine looking Orange ones to find "white punkin". We should just trade. . .although I'm not sure that I want Maddox's tie-dyed pumpkin either. ;)

Fuller Family said...

Thats funny. Maggies pumpkin looks perfect. I like the white ones too, but I went with the traditional orange ones. Good news is there is hope for Maddoxs' pumpkin. The only ones we could find had green on them, but being 9 months pregnant at the time I was to tired to care! Well the pumpkins rippened, and lost all of their green and now are the most perfect orange color!

Stephanie Drew said...

okay, i laughed out loud at your commentary and conversation.
sweet maggie. as avery would say, "God love it."

The Latham Family said...

I think it's sweet that Maddox picked the different pumpkin. Something about that makes me think of love for everything, regardless of the way it looks. Kids are so precious!