Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pup-Pup Golf

DSC_2287

We are at the beach this week and I just had to tell you this funny story.

We all know, and accept the fact that Matt is an avid golfer, which makes this story even more hilarious!! Being the two competitive people that we are, we made a bet on who would win our fun little match in Pup-Pup (as Maddox calls it).

He of course gave me strokes on the front and back nine to even the game up a bit (we already see his confidence in me!) Our bet was... "whoever loses has to give both kids a bath and put them to bed, AND the winner gets to chose where we eat dinner." I was determined to win, DO OR DIE!!! Too much was at stake here!!

Let me first state that I kept score. I do NOT cheat. I get super upset when I catch "someone" cheating when we have placed a bet. Also, when that "someone" does cheat, I can read it all over his face. Not a very good cheater, which is a good thing!

So, we get the game started. After the first 3 holes we are tied at 10 pts. and I am feeling good about the fact that I will have the night off! OK, I will not completely bore you with all of the details, but lets just say that I hit TWO "holes in one," Maddox hit a hole in one, and the one who plays golf every chance he gets, did not get even ONE hole in one!! So, at the end of the game Matt and I were TIED straight up... 50-50. Can you believe it?? Yes, I realize that is not a good score, but I was just so excited about the fact that I didn't lose!! Actually, I won because of the 8 (yes, 8) stokes he gave me.

I have to admit, I am a sore loser when I bet. Matt, on the other hand, always "pays up" with a smile on his face! What a great husband I have :-)

I got the night off and enjoyed every minute of it!! Nice!!

What a great family night!!

DSC_2217
Maggie loved being strolled around the course and being the "ball-holder."

DSC_2216
Maddox played a great game, which his score for each hole was whatever number he called out. This picture was him right after his Hole in One!!

4 comments:

Fuller Family said...

I am very impressed!! Maggie looks so BIG in her stroller!

Rachel said...

#1 - Where is there putt-putt around here? I didn't know there were any left.
#2 - it looks from the score sheet like Maddox beat both of you!!?? Did He? And did he get to pick dinner? :)

Stephanie Drew said...

this sounds too much like a drew family night at putt putt! what with the betting and high stakes...

Shea said...

Y'all are cute! We love to bet on stuff like that, too! And, glad you are coming Friday. I forgot you had said you would stop by without the kids.